Friday, June 18, 2010

I am trying to find a temporary hair gel ,color or something for my kids, they want blue streaks in

I bought manic panic from sally's but it didn't work at all... Please help!



I am trying to find a temporary hair gel ,color or something for my kids, they want blue streaks in their hair

Okay, first things first; kool-aid, Halloween spray color, markers, food coloring are all VERY bad ideas for a few reasons. One is that they are not good for your hair. They dry it out badly. Secondly, if it rains or your kids get wet at all the color will start running. It will get all over them and completely ruin their clothes.



As one of the girls above said, the only way that Manic Panic and similar products will work is if you bleach out the streaks first. It absolutely will not show on dark hair.. period. The lady at Sally's should have told you that.



There is a product made by Clairol(I think) called color pulse. It comes in a brightly colored orange box. It looks like hair mousse when it comes out. It comes in a huge array of colors and washes out in like 8-12 shampoos or so. They have blue, and while it won't be really obvious if your kids have dark hair, it will give their hair a bluish sheen. Now, a few words of advice. If you do bleach streaks in your kid's hair, you need to wait a few days before you put the manic panic in. The reason is because their hair will be very porous and may keep the color if you put it in right away. Also, make sure that you get blue and NOT turquoise. The reason is that as the turquoise fades, it becomes green, which just looks bad.



Coloring your hair at home is easier than ever, but you have to be very careful. If you screw up, it can be very expensive to fix. I think it's really awesome that you allow your kids to express themselves like that. It takes a heck of a person to be able to allow their kids that kind of control over their appearance. It took my mother awhile when I was a kid, but once she allowed me to experiment with my hair, she saw how fun it was, and started herself. So I applaud you for being so open-minded. I mean, what's the harm? It washes out for goodness sake. Anyhow, if you do decide to bleach out the streaks for your kids, make sure to use a good bleaching kit. Clairol makes some good ones in their herbal essences hair color line. If their hair is not super dark, you can also try just getting a light colored permanent hair color and using it to streak their hair lighter. This is a better idea because it is much safer on their hair, and it will allow them to streak almost immediately. If their hair is brown, do not use blonde colors, you virtually must bleach instead. The reason for that is because brown hair has a base color of yellow and blonde hair has a base color of blue. We all know what happens when you mix yellow and blue together. Their hair will get an ugly greenish cast. That's a whole other issue to fix. It requires a whooole lot of vinegar at the very least or a bottle of red hair dye and possibly an expensive trip to the salon.



If you have the money for it, I recommend just going to a good hair salon and having them bleach out the streaks. Tell them that you are letting them put colored streaks in their hair and the colorist at the salon will tell you the easiest way to do it. There is also the Conair hair color wand. It's about 30 bucks and comes with a bunch of different colors. It's really easy to use and gives them a variety of choices. It washes out quickly, but may have the same drip problem if it gets wet. Hope this helps!



I am trying to find a temporary hair gel ,color or something for my kids, they want blue streaks in their hair

so go buy blue DYE christ some ppl r stupid



I am trying to find a temporary hair gel ,color or something for my kids, they want blue streaks in their hair

the reason manic panic didn't work is that your hair has to be blonde for it to work. bleach the hair first then use manic panic. perfect results.



I am trying to find a temporary hair gel ,color or something for my kids, they want blue streaks in their hair

If they have dark hair, it may be hard getting the color to show. You can try some washable markers.



I am trying to find a temporary hair gel ,color or something for my kids, they want blue streaks in their hair

I don't know what it's called, but I've seen things at Wal-Mart - the temporary hair color.



Or possibly try a party/Halloween store.



I am trying to find a temporary hair gel ,color or something for my kids, they want blue streaks in their hair

are you looking for a spray or an actual dye? i had a 70s party last weekend adn used a diva dye.it lasted about 3 daes and is great for not drying out the hair.



I am trying to find a temporary hair gel ,color or something for my kids, they want blue streaks in their hair

Well buy hair dye or take them to the hair dressers! But why would you let your children have blue streaks! If my daughter went to school with blue in her hair she would not be allowed to come back to school until it was gone!



I am trying to find a temporary hair gel ,color or something for my kids, they want blue streaks in their hair

why don't you just get blue dye?!?!?!? and if they didnt want it permanantley, get this gel that dies your hair blue then it'll wash out when they take a shower



I am trying to find a temporary hair gel ,color or something for my kids, they want blue streaks in their hair

Go shopping at any grocery store and look for something called fudge paint box. It usually lasts about 20 washes and comes in a variety of colour. If you need a more semi perminent colour try party hair colour spray. The spray is much cheaper. Beware that fudge paintbox can last longer if your childs hair is light.



I am trying to find a temporary hair gel ,color or something for my kids, they want blue streaks in their hair

Absolutely bizarre, but try Kool-Aid.



This is the how to...



http://www.ehow.com/how_2040621_dye-hair...



This is the how long...



http://www.faqs.org/qa/qa-13809.html



I am trying to find a temporary hair gel ,color or something for my kids, they want blue streaks in their hair

Just go to your local supermarket or bargain store. They'll most dfinately have something for you.... if not you could also try a chemist/pharmicist. If they only want the hair colour for a couple of days you could try using blue food colouring or paint.



Hope this helps xx



I am trying to find a temporary hair gel ,color or something for my kids, they want blue streaks in their hair

You have to bleach the hair out to a very, very .... pale, pale blond!!! Make sure there is hardly any yellow in the hair or you will get a green hue!!! BUTTTTT... If you take it too light the hair will turn into " Pocket Fluff ". Meaning: It will fall out!!! Be careful!!! I recommend A hair stylist!!! Good Luck!!!



I am trying to find a temporary hair gel ,color or something for my kids, they want blue streaks in their hair

When I was a teenager I would use crayola washable markers (and I have brown hair).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto protect